Last updated on June 28th, 2023
1. Information We Collect:
When using our websites, AthenaSquare processes information and personal data which is technically necessary for communication to take place and which may also be directly or indirectly identifies you, such as: Full Name, Email; Phone number, job title, Functional role; Company name; demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests. Data which also includes data automatically sent to us by your browser or device, e.g., IP address, Device type, Browser type, Pages visited, date and time of the request.
2. Use of Collected Information:
- Internal record keeping.
- To Contact you - MyAthenaSquare uses the data we collect about you to provide AthenaSquare's websites, services, and support. For example, if you provide data to us in a “Contact Us” form, we will use your data to respond to the request.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- To plan and manage events.
- For security and investigation.
2. Legal use of Personal Data
Consent: Consent means that the data subject has given consent for a personal data processing activity for one or more specific purposes
Contractual necessity: A natural person or data subject is a party in a contract or has to take steps in order to enter a contract, at his or her request, and in order to enter in a contract or perform a contract, it is needed and agreed that personal data processing happens within this contractual scope.
Lawful Processing on the ground of Legal obligation: If the controller has a legal duty for which particular personal data needs to be processed, then processing is permitted.
Public Interest: the tasks you have as a public authority and which require personal data processing in accordance with legal obligations and other data processing operations which are seen as being of public interest such as scientific research, public health and more.
2.2 How long we can keep your data
AthenaSquare will only process your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose of the processing (e.g., until the matter you have contacted us with is completely clarified) or until you withdraw your consent, unless legal obligations or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims make a longer retention necessary.
In any case, unless indicated otherwise in this Privacy notice, the criteria we use to decide our retention periods include:
whether we need your personal data to safeguard our legitimate interest, to perform a contract to which you are subject or to respond to your questions or provide to you the required service or support;
whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; or
whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
3. Disclosure Information
AthenaSquare reserves the right to disclose the data in the following manner:
- Our AthenaSquare - affiliated companies. Due to our global nature, your personal data may be disclosed to other MyAthenaSquare affiliated companies. Of course, we will make sure that access to your personal data will be granted on a need-to-know basis.
- Our service providers. We may engage with third party service providers (e.g. IT providers, customer service providers) and ask them to perform certain processing operations on our behalf, such as storing personal data. When we do so, we make sure that these service providers are contractually obliged not to use your personal data for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law.
- Our business partners: sometimes, we may partner with our business partners to provide you with services, and in this context, we may share your personal data with them. For example, if you purchase a product from our e-shop, we share your information with payment service providers to process the payments.
- Third parties in connection with corporate transactions: at times, we may be involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, joint venture, reorganization, sale of assets or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock. In these cases, we may share your personal data with the third party involved in that corporate transaction.
- Others: for legal reasons, we may also share your personal data with others (such as public and governmental authorities, professional advisors) if we determine that access, use, preservation or disclosure of your personal data is necessary to: 1) comply with applicable laws and regulations or enforceable governmental requests; 2) investigate, prevent or take actions regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; 3) enforce our terms and conditions with you; 4) investigate and defend ourselves against any claims or allegations; 5) protect the security or integrity of our services; 6) exercise or protect the rights and safety of AthenaSquare and AthenaSquare’s customers, personnel or others.
4. Data Security:
We use organizational, technical and physical measures to protect your personal data, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the processing as well as the potential threats posed. We are constantly working to improve on these measures to help keep your personal data secure.
5. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
6. Personal Data procured from Third-Parties
AthenaSquare may also collect business contact information about you from other sources including third parties from whom we have purchased business contact information and from publicly accessible websites, such as your company’s website, professional network services, or press releases. Business contact information may include: Full name; Email ID; Phone number; Company; Job Position; Functional role; Address; Employment history.
7. Privacy Rights
Depending on our reason for processing your personal data and applicable laws, you have certain rights on your personal data. Here we want to make you aware of these privacy rights.
You have the right to access your personal data. This means that you can ask us for copies of or information about the personal data that we process about you.
You have the right to rectify your personal data. This means that, if you think that the personal data we process about you is inaccurate, you can ask us to rectify or correct it. If you want us to rectify your personal data, please tell us what you believe is inaccurate and explain to us how we should correct it.
You have the right to delete your personal data. This means that you can ask us to erase the personal data that we process about you. Keep in mind that there might be cases (for example, when we are legally obliged to keep your personal data) where we may not be able to erase your personal data.
You have the right to data portability. This means that you can ask us to transfer the information about you (that you have directly given to us) to another organization, or give it to you. Keep in mind that this right only applies in certain circumstances (for example, if we are processing your personal data with automated means and based on your consent).
You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data. This means that, in certain circumstances, you can ask us to limit the way we use your personal data.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. This means that, in certain circumstances, you can object to the processing of your personal data, as carried out by us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
By using this Website, you consent to the terms of this Policy and to the use and management of Personal Information and Payment Information by AthenaSquare for the purposes and in the manner herein provided. Should this Policy change, AthenaSquare intends to take every reasonable step to ensure that these changes are brought to your attention by posting the updated Policy on the Website. Your visit and any dispute over privacy are subject to this Policy. The said Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India. Further, it is irrevocably and unconditionally agreed that the courts of Madhya Pradesh, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction to entertain any proceedings in relation to any disputes arising out of the same
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Athena Square,
Plot 161, F-2/B Gopal Bhavan, MP nagar Zone 1, Bhopal, 462011.